- Contract until January 2024 + extensions
- Federal Government Agency
- Canberra Location
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage an EL1 Deputy CFO. This position is located in their busy Canberra office for an initial contract until January 2024 + extensions.
About the Position
The Deputy Chief Financial Officer (DCFO) provides support and strategic advice to the Chief Finance Officer (CFO), as a key member of the Finance and
Business Services team. This DCFO position is responsible for the budget arrangements and business services, and the delivery of associated activities and outcomes.
- Monitor and report on financial results against departmental and administered budgets
- Lead the preparation and dissemination of internal budgets, forecasting and costing activities
- Prepare portfolio budget submissions (including CBMS), portfolio budget statements, estimate updates and other governments requests
- Proactively engage and collaborate with senior management on financial and budget management, along with cultivating productive working relationship with external stakeholders
- Manage facilities services arrangements, including property management services and the coordination of associated activities
- Assist the CFO to implement system change and other business improvement activities, including finance and accounting policies
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain a Baseline Security Clearance
- Australian Citizenship
- prior experience as a CFO
Benefits working with Karlka Recruiting Group
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing support: Pre, during and post placement
- Dedicated consultant per contract
- Employee Assistance Program available
- Our agency supports Indigenous communities
How to Apply
Apply now to be considered for submission to our client by 21/11/2023
Email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nyiyaparli and other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.