- 6.5 month Contract
- Federal Government Agency
- Tas Location
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage an APS 3.1 Logistics Officer. This position is located in their busy Hobart OR Kingston offices for an initial 6.5 month contract.
- Provide an essential first point of contact for the internal and external clients via phone, email, and face-to-face engagement.
- Undertake effective biosecurity control measures in line with relevant operating procedures and regulations.
- Employ knowledge and relevant experience in supply chain systems, operational logistics and cargo handling to assist with inwards and outwards cargo movements for intermodal transport, including:
- The accurate and timely receipt, segregation and processing of inward cargo or freight deliveries
- Processing cargo consignments within econ
- Receipting, preparing, packing and documenting containerised cargo appropriately for road, air or sea transport.
- Hold and maintain a valid Australian motor vehicle drivers’ licence.
- The candidate must be an Australian citizen.
- Hold and maintain a valid forklift licence.
- Experience working in warehousing/inventory management roles, containerised cargo handling or comparable cargo handling positions.
- Experience performing as a member of a professional team within an operationally focused supply chain environment, including supporting a harmonious work environment.
- High Risk Work (HRW) License for Forklift Truck Operation.
- IATA and/or IMDG accredited, shipper or full acceptance or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration of Australian customs and biosecurity requirements for the import/export of goods and related biosecurity measures.
- An appreciation of the needs and challenges in the provision of logistic support in remote and complex operational environments, or the demonstrated capability to employ existing experience and expertise to effectively support such unique operations.
Benefits working with Karlka Recruiting Group
- Weekly pay.
- Ongoing support: Pre, during and post placement.
- Dedicated consultant per contract.
- Employee Assistance Program available.
- Our agency supports Indigenous communities.
How to Apply
Apply now to be considered for submission to our client by 24/11/2023
Email for questions: email@example.com
Nyiyaparli and other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.