- 12-month contract + possible extensions
- A minimum of Baseline Security Clearance
- Able to obtain and / or maintain an NV1 Security Clearance
- 12-month contract with possible extensions
- Federal Government Agency
- Canberra Location
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a Federal Government Agency to engage a Midrange Developer. This position is located in their busy Canberra office for an initial 12-month contract.
About the Position
The Midrange Applications Developer supports the Team Leader in the day to day development, maintenance, enhancement and support of applications in the ICT environment within the IT Solutions Section of the ICT Branch, including participating in section planning for short term tasks and contributing to strategic planning for longer term initiatives.
The role is responsible for undertaking work that is moderately complex to complex and/or sensitive in nature, under limited direction, utilising expertise and knowledge in designing software applications to meet the AEC’s needs.
The role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Apply expertise to enhance and improve existing software, including designing, developing, implementing and testing software systems, in line with business requirements and software development standards
- In collaboration with other teams, investigate and resolve issues with the operation of an application
- Address errors by making appropriate changes and rechecking the program to ensure that the desired results are produced
- Perform revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements
- Provide a high standard of technical and design documentation
- Contribute to project progress reporting and comply with governance processes
- Develop and support key internal and external relationships, including managing stakeholders to achieve work area and agency goals
- Make and communicate decisions using good judgement, expertise and knowledge, governed by legislation, regulations, best practice principles or relevant operating instructions and procedures
- Contribute to doctrine, election preparation and delivery activities in accordance with the election readiness framework, according to individual accountabilities and responsibilities
- Perform additional duties or assume responsibility of functions as directed from time to time
- Additional responsibilities during an Electoral Event
- Perform support functions outside of standard bandwidth hours as directed
- Detailed knowledge of and experience in the design and development of software solutions using Ingres ABF and SQL
- Knowledge and experience in successfully setting priorities and delivering quality results on time and on budget
- Proven ability to communicate effectively whilst anticipating stakeholder needs and expectations across a geographically dispersed network
- Proven analytical abilities with the ability to propose and facilitate change and contribute to business improvement strategies
- Demonstrated personal integrity whilst achieving results within legislative and policy parameters
Additional Mandatory Requirements
The candidate must:
- Be an Australian Citizen.
- Have a minimum of Baseline Security Clearance.
- Able to obtain and / or maintain an NV1 Security Clearance.
- Have the relevant Qualifications and / or the ability to obtain qualifications in the field of Protective Security (for example a Certificate IV in Government Security).
Benefits working with Karlka Recruiting Group
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing support: Pre, during and post placement
- Dedicated consultant per contract
- Employee Assistance Program available
- Our agency supports Indigenous communities
How to Apply
Apply now to be considered for submission to our client by 10:00 AM on Thursday 01/02/2023
Email for questions: email@example.com
Nyiyaparli and other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.