Education Manager - Identified
- Full-Time 2 year Fixed Term Position
- Newly created First Nation Team Indigenising Curricular for the University
- Base Salary of $135,820 - $143,310 + 17% superannuation
- 2 years contract commencing in 2024
- University NSW
- Sydney CBD
About the company
Karlka Recruiting Group has partnered with a NSW based University to engage an Education Manager – Indigenous Identified. This position is located in their busy Sydney office for an initial 2 years contract commencing as soon as possible.
About the Position
This position is under the broad direction of the Pro Vice Chancellor, Indigenous (Academic) and has a focus on Indigenising curricula. Candidate will assist designing curricula and assessments, as well as active and flexible pedagogies to enhance teaching quality in courses and coursework programs. Candidate will be part of a team whose role is to support and enable academic staff across the University. This is a unique opportunity to lead a First Nations Educational design team and play a pivotal role in managing projects focused on integrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives, knowledges, texts and media through the University curriculum.
Requirement / Skills
- Success in managing, leading, motivating and developing a team
- Extensive experience delivering education programmed that include Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander perspectives and knowledge
- Postgraduate qualifications and practical experience within a university or secondary education setting
- Highly developed project management and stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Duties / Responsibilities
- Work within the Pro-Vice Chancellor, Indigenous (Academic) team
- Recruit, mentor and lead a team of First Nations Educational Designers
- Project manage curriculum projects focused on transforming curricula to integrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledges, perspectives, texts, and media throughout the curriculum
- Engage and collaborate with faculties and community partners to implement and improve the University’s approaches to Indigenising the curricula and to enhance student learning and student experience
- Design, develop, implement and evaluate Indigenous pedagogical, curriculum and assessment approaches
- Identify and promote innovative approaches to teaching and learning and maintain knowledge of current practices and future opportunities in online and on-campus teaching and learning.
This position is exclusively designated for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander individuals under the provisions of Section 126 of the AntiDiscrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
Benefits working with this Client
- Opportunity to lead University Indigenous Objectives
- Excellent Based Salary and Super
- University at Central Location with wonderful campus environment
Benefits working with Karlka Recruiting Group
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing support: Pre, during and post placement
- Dedicated consultant per contract
- Employee Assistance Program available
- Our agency supports Indigenous communities
How to Apply
Apply now to be considered for submission to our client by 5:00pm on Tuesday 20/02/2024.
Email for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nyiyaparli and other Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
*Please apply through this portal. Any applications through email may be missed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
Applications received after the due date may be considered for similar roles.